This pineapple pico de gallo is the perfect way to spice up your summer celebration. Is fresh, super easy to make and ready in less than 10 minutes.
Besides, there’s not many calories in pico de gallo because is made of fresh vegetables like tomatoes, jalapenos, radishes and onions. And when you throw the pineapple and corn to the mix will add a nice sweet and tangy touch.
My recipe of pineapple pico de gallo also includes corn and radishes. You can add grilled corn, steamed fresh corn or even canned corn.
Is this a pineapple pico de gallo spicy?
I am Mexican and I like my pico de gallo very spicy! But the good thing is that making at home is the best way to control the amount of spicy you add to your salsas. My advise is to test out the spiciness of your jalapenos before you toss them in and also discard the seeds and veins if you don’t enjoy spicy so much.
You can also add pepper and a pinch of ground cumin for a bit different taste, but be careful and always taste before adding anything extra.
SUPER TIP: Add 1 tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapenos to the mix. You can use canned or make your own pickled jalapenos at home!
About the seasoning
The mexican pico de gallo calls for simple seasoning: Lime, salt and cilantro. Those are the 3 principal ingredients that will add flavour to your pico. But I also like to add a little bit of vinegar since I like to make big bunches of pico de gallo and enjoy it through the week. Adding a dash of vinegar helps the salsa to last longer.
How do we make this delicious summer dish
We start by dicing and chopping all our veggies. Sometimes we like mixing different kinds of veggies to the basic recipe of tomatoes, onions and green chilies; like radishes, celery or even a bunch of chopped kale (have you tried it?).
Then add everything on a bowl with finely chopped cilantro, mix and season with lime juice and salt. Next we let sit for half an hour, this makes everything taste better because the juices start releasing and enhance the flavour!
Finally, we serve as snack with chips or as a side dish over grilled chicken or fish. Adding it sometimes to our burrito filling is more likely something we do the day after and believe me, is extremely addictive!
How To Serve
- With chicken & rice burritos. Just serve the sauce on the side so everyone can add it as much as they want.
- As an appetizer with corn chips made with homemade tortillas. Or you can also buy a large bag of your favorite brand.
- To spicy up those juicy beef fajitas. Then pair with a cold beer and viva la fiesta!
- On top of chicken tostadas, the crunchiness of those amazing tostadas will par perfectly with this recipe.
Pineapple pico de gallo
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup radishes (diced)
- 2 small jalapenos (chopped)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- Place tomatoes, onions, radishes and pineapple into a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, chopped cilantro and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Allow the salsa to rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Do you like this pineapple pico de gallo recipe? Please, don’t forget to rate it and leave us a comment below! And if you want to keep up with our video recipes, remember that you can also follow us along on: YouTube!