Hola & Ciao! My name is Maricruz Avalos Flores, I am a Mexican cook and photographer living in Italy with my husband. I share Mexican authentic recipes with ingredients you can easily find around the world.
GET IN TOUCH – Want to get in touch with me? Drop me an email at [email protected]
How I Learned To Cook
As a child, I was lucky enough to be raised in a household in Mexico where cooking was an integral part of our daily life. My mother and grandmother would create delicious meals for our family, and I would watch in awe as they expertly blended spices and seasonings to create the most mouth-watering dishes.
They encouraged me to help in the kitchen and before I knew it, I was peeling garlic, cleaning beans, and learning the secrets of authentic Mexican cuisine. The vibrant colors, light, and contrasts of Mexican food continue to inspire me every day, and I love nothing more than sharing my recipes with others through this blog.
In 2002 I moved to Italy, married a wonderful man, and fell in love with the country and its authentic cuisine. I’ve learned the most traditional Italian recipes from my lovely mother-in-law.
About This Blog
In this blog, you’ll find mostly my family’s Mexican recipes. And, since I live in Italy, a small collection of my favorite Italian recipes as well.
My goal is to share those recipes with ingredients you can easily find in many countries around the world or use substitutes that will help you to make them while staying as authentic as possible.
Reader’s Favorite Recipes
8 Things About Me
- I love to play video games, I’ve been playing World of Warcraft since its launch and am a Final Fantasy fan!
- I’ve traveled to 39 countries. Asia is my favorite continent and Japan is my favorite country to visit!
- I love living in Italy and one of my favorite Italian traditions is enjoying a morning cappuccino at the bar (never after lunch, of course!).
- I have 3 very spoiled dogs: Lalla, Taita, and Lucy.
- I’m not too fond of heat, I prefer the snow.
- My favorite foods are tacos de bistec and tiramisù!
- I love Korean dramas and thanks to one of my friends I can’t get over Crash Landing on You :( (yes, it was your fault, Chris!).
- I don’t read much (compared to my husband) but I try to start and finish at least one book monthly.