This entry is also available in: Español
Tuna dip with jalapeno is a mexican snack very popular and delicious. So creamy and easy to make in less than 5 minutes!
This dip is what you need for a hassle-free appetizer. Make it ahead of time and bring it to your gatherings, everyone will love it!
Mexican tuna dip with jalapeno
A simple dish that I want to share with you today and that I assure you, it will never be missing in your gatherings because how easy and quick is to prepare!.
If any of you have ever been to a mexican party or gathering, I am sure you have already seen this delicious dip on the table. In my country it is very common that if you get together to have a tequilita, a beer or Margaritas, there is no lack of guacamole, tortilla chips (totopos) and this tuna dip that disappears in seconds.
But if I must be honest, in all those years living here it had never occurred to me to write the recipe. Because is one of those things that you take it for granted and that is prepared so easily that it is even ridiculous to write a post.
But considering that I have been serving it a lot in the last days. And that there’s always someone asking for the recipe, here I am, sharing it with you all.
Tips & Tricks
- f you want a stronger tuna flavor, simply reduce the amount of cream cheese and increase the amount of tuna. If, on the other hand, you want a more delicate flavour, a single can of tuna will be enough to achieve a good smooth taste.
- Pickled jalapeño peppers are very easy to find even outside of Mexico, they come in small cans and are sold in various online shops.
- I usually add three or four tablespoons of chilies because I like the spiciness, but you can add less. Just taste the mixture before adding more or you’ll end with a very spicy dip.
- Use a little vinegar from the pickled jalapeños (two or three tablespoons) when blending, it gives it an extra flavor and helps the ingredients to blend better.
How to make tuna dip, mexican style.
Drain well the oil (or water) from the canned tuna.
Place it onto a food processor and add the cream cheese, pickled jalapeño chilies, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Blend until smooth.
Place into a bowl and adjust with salt and pepper and more lime juice if needed.
Serve with totopos (corn chips) or salty crackers.
How To Store
This tuna dip stores very well, just place it on a air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tuna dip with jalapeno (mexican dip)
- 2 cans tuna 11 oz / 320 gr
- 1 package cream cheese 7 oz / 200 gr
- pickled japaleño chilies to taste
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Place tuna (well drained) into a food processor.
- Add cream cheese, pickled jalapeño chilies, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and adjust of salt, pepper and lime if needed.
- Serve withcorn chip or salty crackers.