Strawberry Frozen Margarita
This strawberry frozen margarita is the ultimate Mexican summer cocktail! Super easy to prepare, refreshing, and with a fun color, this margarita twist will become your favorite this season.
Strawberry Margarita To Share This Season
Enjoy this fresh and ultimate cocktail in a few minutes by blending some frozen strawberries, tequila, crushed ice, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liquor. It makes the perfect Cinco de mayo cocktail!
Because there’s nothing more summery than sipping a Mexican margarita in the afternoon, especially after a hard working day or as a reward after a long week. And if a few friends have one with you? That’s even better!
Now that we are in strawberry season here in Italy and with everything that has been going on in the last months, I think we surely deserve to enjoy a quick and easy cocktail.
Since we always have tequila at home (I am Mexican, remember? :)) is not hard for us to just throw a few ingredients into the blender and enjoy some delicious Mexican cocktails at home like the one I am sharing with you today
We also added a nice twist to this recipe: Chili powder. Use any kind of chili powder you have available, or for a more Mexican twist, Tajín powder is what we recommend. You can also wet the rims of the glasses with a bit of chamoy salsa.
The Easy Ingredients
- Frozen Strawberries – Or you can use fresh strawberries and add a little bit more ice than the recipe calls for.
- Tequila – This is the base alcohol for any margarita recipe. You can use your favorite brand, it can be tequila blanco or tequila reposado.
- Triple sec – Adds a nice floral and sweet touch that goes perfect with the tanginess of lime juice.
- Lime juice – There’s no margarita recipe without. Use fresh lime juice and stay away from bottled lime juice. Some variations include also orange juice.
- Syrup – To add sweetness, you can make your own or just use store-bought. Sometimes we like to use agave syrup too.
- Crushed ice – To “freeze” the cocktail.
- Salt & chili powder – To rim the glasses.
Try it and let me know what you think because believe me, you gonna love this addition! If you’re a strawberry fan like me, let me tell you that you will simply adore the flavor of those frozen margaritas.
But be warned: The tequila taste is kinda hidden with the strawberries’ flavor, and before you notice you’ll be pouring a second glass!
I absolutely love how easy this strawberry frozen Margarita comes together, and how delicious it is. If you’re looking for a fun cocktail that’s a little sweet and full of freshness, this, for sure, is your drink.
How Do You Make A Strawberry Frozen Margarita
- Add frozen strawberries, crushed ice, tequila, Triple sec, syrup, and lime juice into a blender.
- Blend until it will reach a smooth and slushie consistency.
- Serve immediately in a large margarita glass with salted and chili powder rims.
- You can also garnish with some fresh strawberries and sliced lime.
- Enjoy your frozen strawberry margaritas!
Make It Ahead
This strawberry frozen margarita is a wonderful recipe to make ahead of time. Just make it, place it in a freeze-proof container well covered and the next day just give it a quick blend before serving and that’s it.
The tequila will prevent the mixture from developing hard ice in the freezer, so this is a nice prep drink for your parties!
Other Easy Cocktails and Soft Drinks For Your Parties
- Mangonadas: This Mexican mango slushie is a super fun non-alcoholic cocktail perfect for your parties. Enjoy its sweet, tangy, and spicy taste, and get surprised by this blend of flavors!
- Pineapple Agua Fresca: The best family-friendly drink for your summer gatherings.
- Tejuino: Get to know a wonderful and ancient recipe made with fermented corn masa. Nutritious and truly something you maybe haven’t tried before.
- Tepache: Pineapple skin and core is fermented with brown sugar and served with ice, one of the best refreshing drinks out there!
- Because a classic strawberry frozen margarita is made with tequila and is served in salted rim glasses, we can also recommend this tangy and delicious tamarind margarita.
- More cocktails to make at home: Enjoy 5 upscale cocktails you can make at any season such as mule, mango margarita, and basil berry smash.
Strawberry frozen margarita
- 3 oz Tequila
- 1.5 oz Triple sec ((or any other orange liquor))
- 1.5 oz Lime juice
- 0,5 ml Simple syrup
- 1 ½ cup Frozen strawberries (read notes)
- 1 cup Crushed ice
- Chilli powder
- Blend together frozen strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, crushed ice, tequila, orange liquor (Triple sec, Cointreau, etc) until smooth.
- Serve in margarita glasses with the rims dipped in salt and chili powder.
Did you like this Strawberry Frozen Margarita recipe? Please rate it and leave us a comment below, we’d love to see what do you think!
Want to keep up to date with new content? Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. And if you make some of our recipes, please tag us along!
The first time I saw your recipe I was like: CHILI POWDER? No way! But my curiosity was bigger so I followed your tip and WOW! Your recipes are so easy but tasty! that is incredible! Now that you said you always have tequila at home, I was wondering how many cool drinks can you make with it, or even other types of recipes!
I am a regular visitor of your website . I can enrich my cooking skill by seeing your blog. the Strawberry frozen margarita is the easiest thing to make in the home..
I am a regular visitor of your website . I can enrich my cooking skill by seeing your blog. the Strawberry frozen margarita is the easiest thing to make in the home.. it is appetizing.
I must say Strawberry frozen margarita is a very delicious recipe . I am now making it for others