This strawberry frozen margarita is the ultimate Mexican summer cocktail! Super easy to prepare, refreshing and with a fun color, this margarita twist will become your favorite this season.
Enjoy this fresh and ultimate cocktail in a few minutes by blending some frozen strawberries, tequila, crushed ice, lime juice, simple syrup and orange liquor. Because there’s nothing more summery that sipping a Mexican margarita in the afternoon, specially after a hard working day or as a reward after a long week.
Now that we are in strawberry season here in Italy and with everything that has been going on in the last months, I think we surely deserve to enjoy a quick and easy cocktail.
Since we always have tequila at home (I am mexican, remember? :)) is not hard for us to just throw a few ingredients into the blender and enjoy some delicious mexican cocktails at home like this strawberry frozen margarita.
We also added a nice twist in this recipe: Chili powder. Use any kind of chili powdery have available, or for a more Mexican twist, Tajín powder is what we recommend. You can also wet the rims of the glasses with a bit of chamoy salsa.
Try it and let me know what do you think because believe me, you gonna love this addition! If you’re a strawberry fan like me, let me tell you that you will simple adore the flavor of those frozen margaritas, but be warned: The tequila taste is kinda hidden with the strawberries flavor and before you notice you’ll be pouring a second glass!
I absolutely adore how easy this Frozen Strawberry Margarita comes together, and how delicious it is. If you’re looking for a fun cocktail that’s a little sweet and full of freshness, this, for sure, is your drink.
How To Make Strawberry Frozen Margarita
- Add frozen strawberries, crushed ice, tequila, Triple sec, syrup, and lime juice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately in a large margarita glass with salted and chili powder rims.
- Enjoy in summer afternoons.
Make It Ahead
This strawberry frozen margarita is a wonderful recipe to make it ahead of time. Just make it, place it in a freeze-proof container well covered and the next day just give it a quick blend before serving and that it. The tequila will prevent the mixture from freezing, so this is a nice prep drink for your parties!
Other Mexican Drinks For Your Parties
- Mangonadas: This Mexican mango slushie is a super fun non-alcoholic cocktail perfect for your parties. Enjoy its sweet, tangy and spicy taste and get surprised by this explosion of flavors!
- Pineapple Agua Fresca: The best family-friendly drink for your summer gatherings.
- Tejuino: Get to know a wonderful and ancient recipe made with fermented corn masa. Nutritious and truly something you maybe haven’t tried before.
- Tepache: Pineapple skin and core is fermented with brown sugar and served with ice, one of the best refreshing drinks out there!
Strawberry frozen margarita
- 3 oz Tequila
- 1.5 oz Triple sec ((or any other orange liquor))
- 1.5 oz Lime juice
- 0,5 ml Simple syrup
- 1 ½ cup Frozen strawberries (read notes)
- 1 cup Crushed ice
- Chilli powder
- Blend together frozen strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, crushed ice, tequila, orange liquor (Triple sec, Cointreau, etc) until smooth.
- Serve in margarita glasses with the rims dipped in salt and chili powder.