Banana Nutella muffins
Those banana Nutella muffins are very easy to make! Moist, with swirls of chocolate and walnuts bites, they are the perfect breakfast or treat for everyone.
About the easy recipe
They are all over Pinterest these days and those banana and Nutella muffins have become a favorite at home.
Chocolate + bananas are always an amazing combination and if they come together in a muffin even better! For me, they are the perfect breakfast or snack.
Normally I prepare these muffins when we forget that we have bananas at home and they become over-ripped.
So when their skin is full of brown dots but they have not spoiled yet, we know that is time to prepare banana muffins to enjoy with a glass of cold milk or even better: A cup of Café de Olla.
How To Make Banana Nutella Muffins (with video)
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C /350 F.
In a bowl, sift the flour together with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Put the bananas in a separate bowl and mash them until you will have a smooth puree.
Add the eggs, sugars, vanilla extract, and oil to the bowl with the bananas. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
Add the prepared flour to the bowl with the banana mixture and fold with a spatula until everything is combined. Next, mix in the nuts to combine.
Fill in the muffin cups to ⅔ of their capacity.
Put a teaspoon of Nutella in the center of each muffin. Carefully swirl with a toothpick, but make sure to not push down the chocolate, you want those swirls to stay on top.
Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Use a kitchen scale to measure ingredients. When it comes to baking, nothing beats using the simple method of measuring your ingredients properly.
- Mix dry and liquid ingredients separately. This prevents overmixing the batter by giving time to mix each ingredient on its own.
- Because the muffins have a “heavy” ingredient on top (Nutella), they won’t rise so much (like classic muffins do). Still, they won’t either be flat. So, just allow them to rest a bit inside the thins before placing them on the cooling rack, to prevent muffins from deflating.
- In the recipe, I recommend using only 220 gr of bananas, about two medium pieces, but actually, you can add up to 4 bananas, which will result in more moist and sweet muffins and with a more intense banana flavor.
Making those banana Nutella muffins will not take much time and I assure you that they will not last more than a day! But in case you will have some leftovers and you want to store them, you can do the following:
- Place them in an airtight container and leave them on the counter for up to 2 days. If your kitchen is too hot, make sure they are in the coolest place.
- Wrap each muffin with cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to enjoy those banana Nutella muffins just thaw them on the counter. Or you can also defrost them slowly in the refrigerator and warm them up a little bit in the microwave before eating them.
Watch How To Make
If you liked this banana Nutella muffins recipe please don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. Remember also that you can share it on your social media and follow this blog on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and YOUTUBE.
Banana Nutella Muffins
- 2 cups (280 gr) all purpose flour
- 2 (220 gr) ripen bananas (or up to 4)
- 12 tsp Nutella
- ½ cup (60 gr) walnuts (chopped)
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup (90 gr) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 gr) white sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp (30 gr) vegetable oil (corn, sunflower, canola.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C / 350F.
- In a bowl, sift the flour together with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Put the bananas in a separate bowl and mash until you get a puree with almost no lumps.
- Add the eggs, sugars, vanilla extract and oil to the bowl with the bananas. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the flour to the bowl with banana mixture and fold with a spatula until everything is combined. Mix in the nuts.
- Fill in the muffin cups to ⅔ of their capacity.
- Put a teaspoon of Nutella in the center of each muffin. Carefully swirl with a toothpick but taking care not to swirl down the chocolate, you want those swirls to stay on top.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
How many bananas are enough?
Depending on the size, you can use from 2 to 4 bananas.
Can banana muffins be frozen?
Yes. Allow them to cool down then wrap them with cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
How to ripe bananas quick
If you don’t have ripe bananas at home but want to make this recipe, follow these instructions:
Heat the oven to 180°C /350 F.
Place bananas on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes or until their skin is black and shiny.
Allow them to cool down and proceed with the recipe.
what can I use instead of a toothpick to make the swirls?
You can also use a butter knife.
Can I sub walnuts?
Yes, you can use any other of your favorite nuts or just leave them out if you want.
More Muffins Recipes
- Peach and Streusel Muffins.
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins. By Kidgredidents.com
I am a regular visitor of your website . I can enrich my cooking skill by seeing your blog. Banana Nutella muffins is a good fod to start day .it is too much tasty .you should try it