Banana bread is a classic from USA and something we make at home on a regular basis. Sometimes we like enjoy the classic recipe but sometimes we love to add something extra. This chocolate chip banana bread have everything you’ll crave for a treat after a long day at work or enjoy for breakfast with a big glass of milk.
This recipe is my family favourite, is full of banana flavour with hints of melty chocolate and wonderfully moist.
Un cappuccino la mattina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
When the bananas are ready for chocolate chip Banana Bread?
The blacker the banana is, the sweeter it is. Best bananas for banana bread aren’t yellow but black or at least nicely spotted and soft. The flavour of a really ripe banana is more concentrated which is perfect for any banana bread recipe out there.
To Ripen Bananas Quickly
If you’re eager to make banana bread but don’t have bananas that are ripe enough, don’t worry. Just preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°, place the bananas unpeeled on a baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 minutes. Let them cool then proceed with the recipe.
Ready for baking banana bread anytime
So you have lots of overripe bananas? Peel them and freeze them. Next time you’ll crave banana bread just let them defrost and use them in your recipe.
Use another type of flour for chocolate chip banana bread
- Whole wheat flour. It will make the banana bread a little more dense but still remain delicious. Use Milk chocolate morsels for better results .
- Gluten-free flour. There are lots of options, but my favourite is King Arthur gluten free blend.
- Other types of flour. Coconut flour, oat, almond, buckwheat.
How To Store It
Honestly, at home it rarely last more than one day, but sometimes I make this banana bread to gift someone, so I always recommends to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or put it in a zippered bag and keep it at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Chocolate chip banana bread
- 3 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 165 gr all purpose flour (sifted)
- 120 gr butter (melted)
- 150 gr white sugar
- 175 ml buttermilk 1/2 cup
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) a 30x11cm loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Add to the bowl with flour and mix whisk until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let it cool completely on a rack.