This blueberry vodka lemonade is the perfect cocktail for summer. The easy drink features an easy homemade blueberry syrup, sparkling water, lemon juice, simple syrup, and of course, vodka.
Incredible refreshing and so easy to prepare, this drink will be a rockstar at your parties!
DISCLAIMER: As it comes to obvious, this blueberry lemonade recipe is neither Mexican nor Italian (like the majority of recipes in this blog). I posted it because I loved how easy and delicious is this drink and wanted to share it with you, hope you understand and however, give it a try!
I love blueberries, in all ways possible. From a delicious blueberry and lemon cupcake to a light and fun salad with berries and Feta. But having them in a drink takes my favorite berries to the next level.
So no wonder why I love this blueberry vodka lemonade and also has become one of my most requested drinks in summer. It’s delicious, refreshing, simple, and yet so fancy to serve.
Just look at those bubbles from the sparkling water! That’s what makes this blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail so fun!
The star of this cocktail is the blueberry syrup and in order to make it work, you gonna have to make this syrup at home. Yes, you can also get store-bought syrup, but believe me, making it at home is definitely a better idea.
The taste is a lot better and is very simple to make! You can even have it sitting in your fridge and use it during summer to make not only this recipe but also other kinds of recipes that call for blueberry syrup. Thanks to the sugar, it lasts forever!
Ingredients for simple blueberry syrup
- BLUEBERRIES – If you can’t find fresh blueberries, use frozen, no need to thaw them.
- SUGAR – White refined sugar, or for a little bit of different taste, cane sugar is a nice option too.
- LEMON – For a sour-citrus flavor. And because, well, it’s blueberry vodka lemonade after all!
How to make blueberry syrup for cocktails
- Place blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan, mix well, and place the pan over medium-high heat.
- When you see that the mixture starts to boil, set the heat to low and let it gently simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Smash the blueberries using a potato masher or a spoon. If you have a minipimer you can use that too, just a couple of pulses and it will have the right texture.
- Strain thoroughly the mixture into a container and discard the skins of the blueberries.
- Allow the blueberry mixture to cool down completely. Place in the fridge for 2 hours before using it. Or…
- Transfer to a bottle and store in the fridge for up to 3 months!
How to make the blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail
- In a cocktail glass add some ice cubes.
- Add vodka then lemon juice, fill 2/3 of the glass with sparkling water then pour the blueberry syrup to fill the glass completely.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and blueberries.
- Serve and give a good mix before drinking it and enjoy!
- Is important to strain the blueberry syrup so the skins won’t end in the cocktail.
- What to know what’s the best vodka brand for this recipe? Head over to Thrillist and check out their list of best vodka for mixing cocktails, their bartender’s advice list is to not miss!
- Want to make this recipe with another type of berries? Try this raspberry syrup.
More summer drinks
If you liked this boozy lemonade recipe, here’s also a list of other summer drinks you don’t want to miss!
- Tejuino – a fermented Mexican drink – Learn how to make this amazing fermented corn drink that dates since pre-Hispanic times.
- Strawberry horchata – A nice twist on the traditional Mexican horchata.
- Cucumber and lime fresca – Refreshing, healthy and so easy to prepare, this fresca recipe is a must in summer.
- Tepache – This might be the most know fermented Mexican drink, but, do you know how to make it? Here we leave you with a detailed step-by-step recipe and all tips and tricks you need.
Watch How To Make It
Blueberry vodka lemonade cocktail
For the blueberry syrup
- 1 ¼ cup Blueberries
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
For 1 cocktail
- 1 fl oz Vodka (30)
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water
- 1 fl oz Blueberries syrup (30)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon juice (20)
- Lemon wedges
Make the blueberry syrup
- Place blueberries, sugar, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan, mix well and put the pan over medium-high heat.
- When you see that the mixture start to boil, low the heat and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Smash the blueberries using a potato smasher then strain them throughly the mixture into a container.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely. Place in the fridge for 2 hours before using it.
Make the cocktail
- In a highball cocktail glass add some ice cubes.
- Add vodka and lemon juice.
- Fill ⅔ of the glass with sparkling water then pour the blueberry syrup to fill the glass almost completely
- Add some more blueberries and lemon wedges for garnish, serve and give a good mix before drinking.
If you liked this blueberry lemonade cocktail, please don’t forget to rate it in the comments and share it on your social media.