Make this creamy cucumber tomato salad in just 10 minutes and serve with any grilled protein or as a main dish paired with bread or focaccia.
Sliced tomatos, cucumbers and red onions are tossed in a fantastic creamy dressing made with yogurt, mayonnaise and your favorite dried herbs (mine is oregano!).
This creamy cucumber tomato salad is perfect to take to picnics or gatherings, cookouts, Bbq’s, lunches or dinners, or simply to serve as a side dish for grilled burgers, salmon, or chicken tights!
The simple ingredients
TOMATOES: Use any kind of ripe but firm tomatoes you have on hand. From
CUCUMBERS: Add as many as you want, cut them into half moons. Really, you can’t go wrong with cucumbers because they’re low in calories and high in vitamins and antioxidants.
ONIONS: I prefer using red onions because they’re sweeter, but actually I have made this salad also with white or yellow onions.
YOGURT: Plain sugar-free yogurt is what you need for this creamy cucumber tomato salad. Greek yogurt is richer in flavor and more creamy, but again, just add any plain yogurt you have available.
MAYONNAISE: Mayo adds a nice tangy flavor to the recipe, we’re just adding a touch because the creaminess comes mainly from yogurt, which is also a nice, healthier option.
HERBS: I used oregano because that’s my favorite dried herb, and also a pinch of dried parsley. If you prefer other herbs just add them according to your taste. Dill works wonderful on this kind of recipe, so does chives. You can also add fresh herbs instead of dried.
Toss and Mix
In a small bowl add together yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic and herbs. Add pepper and salt and mix well. Set aside.
Wash tomatoes, cut them in chunks or slices. Peel the onion and finely slice it. Peel the cucumber and cut in half longwise, then slice it to obtain half-moon pieces. Add everything to a bowl.
Add the yogurt mixture and toss everything until all ingredients are well coated with the creamy dressing. Adjust with salt and pepper to your taste and serve immediately.
How To Store
Place leftovers in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Before serving give it a good mix.
More summer salads to bring to gatherings
- Classic Macaroni Salad With Jalapeno – Loaded with all classic flavors from your favorite macaroni salad but with a nice twist: Pickled jalapenos!
- Mexican Chicken Potato Salad – Creamy chicken potato salad made with simple ingredients to enjoy in your gatherings, summer picnics and outdoor trips or as a side dish for grilled veggies.
- Italian Pasta Salad – This classic side-dish is one of our favorites at home all year round. Mostly in summer when the vegetables are so flavored.
- No-Mayo Potato Salad – All the flavor, but easy on the calories. This salad tastes so much better the day after!
- Mexican Cabbage Salad – Looking for a super easy topping for your tacos? This is the recipe for you.
Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 large cucumber (sliced into half-moons)
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- ⅔ cup plain sugar-free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove mashed)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients for the yogurt dressing.
- In a large bowl place all vegetables and add the yogurt mixture. Mix well to coat evenly.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to your taste and serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this creamy cucumber tomato salad? Please, don’t forget to rate it and leave us a comment below, we’d love to hear from you! Also, remember that you share it using the buttons below. If you’d like, you can follow us too on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE!