These chicken pineapple skewers are tender, so juicy and full of flavour. Serve them with a fresh cucumber salad and some spicy sauce and you have got yourself a nice dinner to enjoy al fresco.
Our chicken kebabs are the perfect meal for your summer grilling nights. The pineapple adds a superb tangy flavour that combines perfectly with the juicy chicken and sweet bell peppers. I made these skewers by marinating the chicken bites in pineapple and lime juice, then grilling them with red bell peppers.
Tips & Tricks for chicken skewers with pineapple
- I used chicken bread to make the bites but if you want a -even more- juicy meat, use chicken tights! Just remember to cut them into same size so they will cook evenly.
- The trick for a flavoured and tender chicken is to marinate it overnight. Believe me, you’ll notice the difference at first bite.
- If you want to baste the kabobs with the marinade, do NOT use the one from the chicken because it gets contaminated by the raw meat. Save some before adding to chicken and use that for basting.
- If you use wooden skewers soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes before making the kabobs, so they won’t burn while grilling.
Ingredientes for chicken kebabs
CHICKEN – Breast or tights cut in cubes.
PINEAPPLE – The juice to make the marinade and cubes to make the skewers.
RED BELL PEPPERS – For a crunchy touch. Add more veggies if you like! Onions, zucchini, aubergines.
CONDIMENTS – Garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, lime juice and olive oil.
How to make grilled chicken skewers with pineapple
In a container with cover whisk together the pineapple juice, sugar, garlic, lime juice, olive oil salt and pepper (reserve some for brushing the kabobs while grilling).
Place the chicken and coat evenly, cover the container and place in the fridge overnight.
Thread chicken, pineapple cubes and bell peppers alternately onto skewers.
Brush the kabobs with a little bit of olive oil and grill, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through (about 10-12 minutes). Once cooked, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Serve grilled chicken skewers
With a mexican red rice on the side
With flour tortillas to make a taco!
Add a mexican twist with this molcajete sauce
Chicken pineapple skewers
- 600 gr chicken breast (cut into bite sized cubes)
- 400 gr fresh pineapple (cut into bite sized cubes)
- 1 large red bell pepper (cut into bite sized cubes)
- 200 ml pineapple juice
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 lime (juice)
- salt & pepper
- In a container with cover whisk together the pineapple juice, sugar, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper (reserve 2-3 tbsp of the mixture for brushing the skewers while grilling).
- Place the chicken in the container and mix to coat evenly, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Thread chicken, pineapple cubes and bell peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Brush the kabobs with a little bit of olive oil and grill, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- Once cooked, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.